Russell A. "Chip" Pelley
Chip was born in Lubbock, Texas and grew up in Sherman, Texas. While at Sherman High School, Mr. Pelley received numerous awards, including the Pete Odom Most Valuable Player Award, All District Awards, and was named as a Texas Blue Chip All American Football Player.
Mr. Pelley was awarded a football scholarship to the University of Tulsa. Mr. Pelley was a three year starter on the defensive line and captained his team to national rankings. He received his Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Tulsa in 1985.
While attending law school at Texas Wesleyan School of Law, Mr. Pelley worked full time as the special assistant to the Grayson County District Attorney. He assisted in the successful prosecution of numerous capital murder cases, murder cases, rape, burglary, robbery, assault, and drug and alcohol cases. He received recommendations from the District Judges, County Court at Law Judges, and the District Attorney for his competence and effectiveness.
Mr. Pelley is licensed to practice law in the Supreme Court of the State of Texas, and all other Texas State Courts. He is also licensed to practice law in the United States District Court in the Eastern District of Texas, and the United States Bankruptcy Court in the Eastern District of Texas. He is a member of the State Bar of Texas, the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys, the Grayson County Bar Association, and Grayson County Young Lawyers Association. He is a past member of the America Association for Justice.
Mr. Pelley's areas of concentration include Family Law, Bankruptcy, and Personal Injury. Mr. Pelley has tried and assisted hundreds of jury trials and trials before the Court, in both Civil Courts and Criminal Courts. He has successfully tried cases in numerous counties throughout the State of Texas, and has obtained multimillion dollar judgments for his clients.
- Texas, 1995
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of Texas
- Supreme Court of Texas
- Texas Wesleyan University School of Law, Fort Worth, Texas
- University of Tulsa, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- B.A. - 1985
- Honors: Captain of Football Team
Honors and Awards
- National Trial Lawyers Magazine. Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- Plano and Frisco’s Best Attorneys, Living Magazine, 2013
- Allen's Best Bankruptcy Attorney, Allen American Readers' Choice, 2011 - Present
- Pete Odom Most Valuable Player Award
- Texas Blue Chip All American Football Player
- Former Bankruptcy Trustee - Plano, TX
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- Grayson County Bar Association, Member
- Grayson County Young Lawyers Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Past Member
- NACBA - National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Former Grayson County District Attorney's Officer, Special Prosecutor