Child Support Arrears

On Behalf of | Jul 7, 2010 | Bankruptcy |

Falling behind on your child support payments is a dangerous predicament to be in.  The Attorney General can file a quasi-criminal lawsuit against you and you can spend time in jail.  Typically, you can resolve your situation through a Chapter 13 bankruptcy.

You can typically relieve your budget by discharging unsecured debts and free up some money to pay back the child support arrears through a 60 month (5 year) Plan.
Filing bankruptcy typically enables clients to streamline their expenditures and get them back on the track to financial recovery.