Pelley Law Office LLP
Dallas Office
Plano Office
Sherman Office

No Charge For Initial Consultation ($250 value)

Menu Contact

Over 80 Years Of Combined Experience

View Our Practice Areas

Get Bonded Out of Jail

Although certainly not an occurrence in every case, sometimes bond is set at an amount that is not feasible for a citizen accused of a crime.  One of the things that can be done if bond is set by a judge or magistrate and it is so high that a citizen cannot post it to get out of jail is to hire an attorney to file a Motion to Reduce Bond.

There is no guaranty that it will work, or that a judge will grant the Motion, but sometimes it is prudent to file this Motion to Reduce Bond.

Also, if you are on probation and a Motion to Revoke or Motion to Adjudicate is filed by the state, you can hire an attorney who can file a Motion to Set Bond, or in the Alternative Set the Matter for a Hearing on the Motion Within 20 Days.

That way a citizen accused does not sit in jail for an unfair amount of time before he/she sees the judge.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Awards & Recognition

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Office Locations

Plano office
Sherman office
Dallas office

Plano Office
1312 14th Street, Suite 100
Plano, Texas 75074

Phone: 972-608-0335
Map & Directions

Sherman Office
905 North Travis Street
Sherman, Texas 75090

Phone: 903-813-4778
Map & Directions

Dallas Office
100 Crescent Court
Suite 700
Dallas, Texas 75201

Phone: 214-733-1775
Map & Directions