Get Bonded Out of Jail

On Behalf of | Jul 2, 2010 | Criminal Defense |

Although certainly not an occurrence in every case, sometimes bond is set at an amount that is not feasible for a citizen accused of a crime.  One of the things that can be done if bond is set by a judge or magistrate and it is so high that a citizen cannot post it to get out of jail is to hire an attorney to file a Motion to Reduce Bond.

There is no guaranty that it will work, or that a judge will grant the Motion, but sometimes it is prudent to file this Motion to Reduce Bond.
Also, if you are on probation and a Motion to Revoke or Motion to Adjudicate is filed by the state, you can hire an attorney who can file a Motion to Set Bond, or in the Alternative Set the Matter for a Hearing on the Motion Within 20 Days.
That way a citizen accused does not sit in jail for an unfair amount of time before he/she sees the judge.