Child Custody Lawyers With The Solutions You Need.
Decisions about your children are among the most emotional issues in a divorce. If you are a parent who is considering divorce, it is extremely important that you have an experienced trial lawyer who understands Texas child custody laws. Similarly, having a skilled child custody attorney on your side is critical if you and your child’s other biological parent are unmarried.
We Fight For The Best Interests Of Your Child In Custody Proceedings.
In Texas, the primary consideration in child custody battles is what is in the best interest of the child. To determine which parent will have primary physical and legal custody of the child, the court considers a number of factors, including:
- How much contact have you had with the child in the past?
- How will the health, safety and welfare of the child be affected?
- How close do you live to the child’s other parent?
- Is there any evidence of child abuse?
- Are you mentally and physically able to parent the child?
- If the child is 12 or older, where does he or she prefer to live?
You will also need to determine whether to pursue joint physical and/or legal custody of the child, which is preferred unless there is good reason to seek sole custody.
We seek to negotiate fair child custody agreements outside of court. Sometimes that is just not possible. If your child’s other parent refuses to be reasonable, you can rely on our extremely skilled trial attorneys to aggressively protect your interests in court.